HTML export in Internet Explorer not responding due to long running script

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
admasu

HTML export in Internet Explorer not responding due to long running script

Post by admasu »

Hi,

I am using Exam Diff Pro to generate HTML files and deploy them on server. Some of these are files are big in size (appr 20000 lines)
When I open the HTML file, it takes a lot of time to load the comparison page fully and gives me message to stop the script (attached image)

The same file loads fine in Firefox and Chrome. Is there any setting in Internet Explorer on client side that has to be made to load the HTML file without issues.

Thanks!
Attachments
ExamDiff Pro.PNG
ExamDiff Pro.PNG (3.47 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
GeorgeSteinberger

Re: HTML export in Internet Explorer not responding due to long running script

Post by GeorgeSteinberger »

admasu wrote:Hi,

I am using Exam Diff Pro to generate HTML files and deploy them on server. Some of these are files are big in size (appr 20000 lines)
When I open the HTML file, it takes a lot of time to load the comparison page fully and gives me message to stop the script (attached image)

The same file loads fine in Firefox and Chrome. Is there any setting in Internet Explorer on client side that has to be made to load the HTML file without issues.

Thanks!
Facing the same problem here. Any fix?
psguru
Site Admin

Re: HTML export in Internet Explorer not responding due to long running script

Post by psguru »

IE is just not good at handling large HTML files. You can simpler reports by disabling JavaScript support (Options | HTML) but this will make reports less user-friendly.
psguru
PrestoSoft