Server Licensing

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
funkdoctorsport

Server Licensing

Post by funkdoctorsport »

I am new to this forum. I had just read the licensing agreement, and I have questions. At our company, we are looking to upgrade to ExamDiff pro Standard. We currently have the freeware ExamDiff version on three of our servers (DEV, QA and PROD). I would like to know in layman terms how licensing would work if our intention is to use ExamDiff on all three servers.
Granted we only have less than 10 people working in the DEV environment at any given time and about 15 people in QA. Most of our users will be in the PROD environment. We are a global company, and I would say at any given time, we do not expect more than 150 people working in PROD at any given time.
Given our scenario, we were thinking that we could purchase licenses that could be split among the three servers depending on need. A scenario would be if say we purchase 150 licenses, we take 10 of those and put them in DEV, 15 in QA, and the 125 remaining in PROD. Will that be covered under the Multi-Seat license?
Can someone please explain how the licensing would work for our situation?

Regards

Lloyd
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Server Licensing

Post by psguru »

Your understanding is correct. Given your numbers, though, you'd need 150 (PROD) + 10 (DEV) + 15 (QA) = 175 seats, and yes, this would a multi-seat license.
psguru
PrestoSoft
funkdoctorsport

Post by funkdoctorsport »

Thank you for the reply. I have follow up questions.

If we decide to go with the purchase of 175 licenses.
• What are the licensing costs and is there annual maintenance – if so how much / year?
• Is ‘copying’ is allowed per the license agreement: Can I copy the license to different folders on the same servers? We typically have one server, where depending on user roles, different groups of users have access to different folders within the same server.

Thanks

Lloyd
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

• What are the licensing costs and is there annual maintenance – if so how much / year?
It depends on the edition. Please see https://www.prestosoft.com/edp_pricing.asp for details.
• Is ‘copying’ is allowed per the license agreement: Can I copy the license to different folders on the same servers? We typically have one server, where depending on user roles, different groups of users have access to different folders within the same server.
Yes, you can copy the license to different folders on the same servers.
psguru
PrestoSoft