Ignore Date in Directory compare

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Bob R.

Ignore Date in Directory compare

Post by Bob R. »

I've been scrambling around the help, online and off for an hour now. Can someone pls tell me if it is possible to ignore the date in a directory comparison. I have two directories with over 1000 files each. I'm trying to find out which files actually changed in a recent update but all the date time stamps were reset with the new directory. I thought I'd seen this could be done in examdiff pro but darned if I can find it. I considered range but I'm not sure if that will work for date and not quite sure how to enter it. I have the latest version of examdiff pro.
Thanks!
Bob R.

Re: Ignore Date in Directory compare

Post by Bob R. »

I think I found what I'm looking for: in ExamDiff Pro. See Options | Dir Comparison | Type Of File Comparison. thx psguru ;-)
I thought it was "out there ... somewhere"
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Sure. Just uncheck the following setting under Options | Dir Comparison: "Consider files with different timestamps different".
psguru
PrestoSoft
TechLisa

Post by TechLisa »

this option does not work!! I have my music in a folder on my C and backed up on a drive I call B. I have almost 10,000 files I need to compare, so that I'm sure i have everything backed up. I have the box unchecked for "consider files with different times different". I've also uncheced "consider files with same size and time identical" just in case this was fouling up the mix. Doesn't matter, I get the same results any way these are checked. Folders with identical files except the date stamp are marked as different. Please help!1
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Please post your relevant screenshots here: comparison results, your options.
psguru
PrestoSoft