DiffNow: Compare Files Online

General PrestoSoft-related discussion
psguru
Site Admin

DiffNow: Compare Files Online

Post by psguru »

We're excited to announce that we're launching an online comparison utility: DiffNow.

DiffNow is powered by ExamDiff Pro and allows you to compare text files, documents, binary files, and archives up to 500KB in size, either by uploading the files or by entering their URLs.

DiffNow is still in beta, and we welcome your feedback.
psguru
PrestoSoft

Re: DiffNow: Compare Files Online

Post by Guest »

It would be nice to be able to paste and edit the file name, because usually I am comparing the same file in 2 different very long directory paths, where only the first thing in the path is different
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Guest wrote:It would be nice to be able to paste and edit the file name, because usually I am comparing the same file in 2 different very long directory paths, where only the first thing in the path is different
Browser security doesn't allow file input controls to be populated like this.

You can, however, paste and edit the file name or use the drop-down within the File Open dialog that pops up.
psguru
PrestoSoft
irfa

Post by irfa »

Hi,
Thanks for making such a nice post. I really appreciate it keep it up please.
irfa
MattReed59

Post by MattReed59 »

I would like to see something about how you will be handling this data. I would like to have some changes to customer files in an area they can view, but the customer files are confidential restricted information. I can't put that data on a web-site that may not protect the data (or worse yet, distribute the data!).

I can find no FAQ's or user agreements that speak to the confidentiality of the posted data.

-Matt :o
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

It's all there on the site, the Terms of Service link at the bottom:
How we use uploaded files

As part of comparison, User may upload files to the Site. We delete all uploaded files from the Site during file comparison or, if no comparison is subsequently performed, at the end of the browsing session. Comparison results are deleted from the Site at the end of the browsing session.

We collect only the following information for quality assurance purposes: the names of the files or URLs compared by User and whether and when any errors occurred during comparison.

The User shall not upload files of a sensitive nature as part of User's interaction with the Site.
psguru
PrestoSoft