File Alignment

General questions about using ExamDiff, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
richardrv

File Alignment

Post by richardrv »

Hi,
I'm using ExamDiff 1.9.0.2 I'm sure I was previously viewing file differences side by side however now I'm only able to view two files in a top and bottom alignment. I've been unable to locate an option to change this back to side by side, is there one?
Thanks, Richard
psguru
Site Admin

Re: File Alignment

Post by psguru »

Yes. From the menu, use View | Toggle Splitter Orientation command.
psguru
PrestoSoft
richardrv

Re: File Alignment

Post by richardrv »

Thanks for your response. I had tried "Toggle Splitter Orientation" with no success.
I've just tried "Toggle Splitter Orientation" again and the files go from a top/bottom alignment to just one file. I scrolled to the right thinking the second file might be 'off the screen' but it wasn't there. I then clicked "Center Splitter" and lo and behold there were my two files in a side-by-side alignment.
I think what has happened is that originally I stretched the screen across a two monitor configuration, with one file on each screen. I then re-opened ExamDiff on my laptop and wasn't able to use it. I couldn't get ExamDiff to resize to fit the laptop. However I must have done something while trying to configure it to the laptop because when I re-opened ExamDiff on the dual-monitor I was down to a one-file (seemingly) configuration.
So the solution for me was "Toggle Splitter Orientation" and then "Center Splitter".
Thanks for your help, Richard