Merge feedback - upgrade to 9.0

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
dchirgwin

Merge feedback - upgrade to 9.0

Post by dchirgwin »

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to 9.0 from 8.x so I am seeing the new look/feel for the first time.

Generally it is fine, but I have one small complaint - in 3-way merge, the icon telling you which side has been chosen has changed. It used to show a blue diamond to indicate the chosen block, or a green diamond to indicate the other (not-chosen) blocks.

Now, it seems to show a green circle for chosen block or a green arrow for non-chosen blocks. The difference between the green circle and green arrow does not stand out well. I use a high resolution monitor in order to see all 3 windows in moderate detail, so the icons are very small.

I have attached a screen grab which shows my point - the highlighted block has been chosen for the Left window, but all you can see in high resolution is a bunch of green icons that sort of look the same.

Having them a different colour was a good feature in 8.x and it seems to be a retrograde step to make them the same colour in 9.0.

Perhaps it is possible to customize these colours, but I couldn't see how to do this.

All comments / suggestions welcome.

Dave C
Attachments
ExamDiffScreeenGrab.png
ExamDiffScreeenGrab.png (249.79 KiB) Viewed 4734 times
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Merge feedback - upgrade to 9.0

Post by psguru »

You have a point here. It's not possible to customize these colors (they are predefined images) but we'll take a look at making selected block icon colored differently.
psguru
PrestoSoft