Second pane is hidden

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
ddenes@acmex.com

Second pane is hidden

Post by ddenes@acmex.com »

I've noticed this issue for some time. If I open ExamDiff and compare (folder or file), minimize the window, do something else (not ExamDiff), then when I reopen the window, the divider between the two panes is all the way at the right. I usually grab the divider and reposition it in the middle.

Am I doing something wrong?

(FYI, I've been using ExamDiff since version 5)
David F. Denes
Manager, Product Development
Acme Express, Inc.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Second pane is hidden

Post by psguru »

We can't reproduce this behavior. Did you try resetting all your options to default?
psguru
PrestoSoft
JeremyNicoll
Expert Member

Re: Second pane is hidden

Post by JeremyNicoll »

Is there a key-press that would have that effect, which might be being seen by EDP?

Windows comes with something called "Steps recorder" (find the shortcut under Windows Accessories) which is a fairly basic screen recorder, taking screenshots every time a GUI action occurs, but also generating text describing what was clicked (or whatever). Running that might produce a clue of what mouse click or shortcut-key or whatever is apparently telling EDP to move the boundary?

Alternatively, do you run any modern/metro/universal apps? I find if I accidentally run one of those then all my desktop apps' windows subsequently tend to be set to half-screen max widths.

Or, maybe run winapi, or spy++ (maybe that's in the community version of VS?) or Wininspector or something and try and spot any windows messages being sent to EDP after you minimise the window?