Comparison window shows only the left pane

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
ddenes@acmex.com

Comparison window shows only the left pane

Post by ddenes@acmex.com »

If I run ExamDiff Pro from within VS 2017, the window comes up properly (both left and right panes). However, if I leave ExamDiff open, then switch to VS, then back, only the left pane appears (the divider is on the far right of the screen).

At first I thought I had done something wrong. However, this is the case every time I do the above (which is quite frequently).

This is not a critical bug; but I've mentioned it before and it is becoming a nuisance.

Your thoughts?
Attachments
2017-11-21.png
2017-11-21.png (88.08 KiB) Viewed 5923 times
David F. Denes
Manager, Product Development
Acme Express, Inc.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Comparison window shows only the left pane

Post by psguru »

Yes, you already asked about it earlier (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2098), and the answer was that we could not reproduce this issue. I personally use VS 2017 with ExamDiff Pro and I have never seen thins, even after trying hard just now.

It was also suggested that you try resetting your options. You could be even more adventurous and delete the Registry key with all EDPro settings: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PrestoSoft\ExamDiff Pro. I'm not sure this will fix the problem for you but perhaps it's worth a try.
psguru
PrestoSoft
JeremyNicoll
Expert Member

Re: Comparison window shows only the left pane

Post by JeremyNicoll »

Last time you said you minimised the EDP window then reopened it. This time is different, you say you switch to VS then back to EDP.

What are you using to perform the 'switch' - a keyboard shortcut, or Alt-tab switching, or just clicking on part of the other app's window?

The effect you describe seems to match what happens if one chooses View - Show only first file in EDP, and that (here anyway) has a shortcut of Ctrl-1. Are you issuing Ctrl-1 for some other reason before focus has left EDP?