Algorithms

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Algorithms

Post by MSpagni »

Since you added the possibility to change the diff algorithm, I tried them.
Depending on the data and on what I was triyng to do, sometimes an algorithm fits well, sometimes another does.

Could it be possible to have a shortcut so as to compare easily the results of each algorithm by switching it with a few keystrokes?
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Algorithms

Post by psguru »

This being an advanced option, we currently are not thinking of exposing it via the Tools menu or the command line. Of course, you can always export your options to a file and then use the /g command line option to use it.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Sorry, there was a misunderstanding.

I wasn't thinking about the "tools" menu and even less about a command line switch.
I was thinking about a keyboard shortcut in the GUI to switch rapidly from one algorithm to the other so as to see which one works better in each specific case. A key combination to directly select the algorithm (possibly one for each algorithm) instead of "Tools->Options->Advanced->Diff algorithm".
N.B. Of course I'm aware of <ctrl>J as a substitute for "Tools->Options".

P.S. If you prefer, I could also appreciate some buttons on the toolbar, one for each algorithm. :D
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

A keyboard shortcuts would need a command, hence a menu item. We may add it in the future but not now.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Thank you anyway.