set tiltle for file pane(s) / commandline switch

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
bmerkle

set tiltle for file pane(s) / commandline switch

Post by bmerkle »

Hi,

I am writing a small wrapper to invoke examdiff from pvcs version manager as diff tool.

Now I could really need a option to set the title for the right and left file pane.
This would make it much clearer which file is dispayed. e.g. pvcs vm puts the files to diff into the /temp directory under
names like "C:\temp\pvcs\_dpduzf31.tmp" "C:\temp\pvcs\_dhd8dz32.tmp"

However I know that _dpduzf31.tmp is header.h in revision 1.3 and _dhd8dz32.tmp is header in revision 1.2
so I would like to change the default title from the filename to something "more" meaningfull ;-)

BC supports this via the /title1 and /title2 switch and I would like Examdiff to have those also ;-)

Please note that this is not pvcs version manager specific. Instead a lot of versioning tools (like CVS, SVN) put
the files under /temp when diffing them so this would really be an improvement for lots of other users also.

thanks,
Bernhard.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: set tiltle for file pane(s) / commandline switch

Post by psguru »

psguru
PrestoSoft
bmerkle

Post by bmerkle »

cool, could you make --left_display_name: and --right_display_name: official ?

They are really usefull and most other diff tools support them also (official ;-), e.g. see
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/Tor ... tings.html

I would like to have ExamDiff with the same support as the others on that page :-)

thanks,
Bernhard.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Consider them official. We are planning to document these and some other options in the next version.
psguru
PrestoSoft