How to exclude folders from Find Checkouts/Find By Status

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
amin

How to exclude folders from Find Checkouts/Find By Status

Post by amin »

I have several large folders under my project containing external components (tinymce, jsCalendar, etc.) whose files never change but whenever I attempt a Find Checkout or Find By Status on my project, FtpVC scans all these folders which takes forever to complete.

Is there a way I can exclude these folders from scanning by Find Checkout/Find By Status? If not, this is probably the most important feature missing from FtpVC. Is there any hope of getting this feature in any time soon?
psguru
Site Admin

Re: How to exclude folders from Find Checkouts/Find By Statu

Post by psguru »

Is there a way I can exclude these folders from scanning by Find Checkout/Find By Status?
No. You can, however, use a non-recursive Find Checkouts. This will allow you to see checkouts only in one folder. Another approach is to use a recursive Find for lower lever folders.

Code: Select all

If not, this is probably the most important feature missing from FtpVC. Is there any hope of getting this feature in any time soon?
We haven't planned adding this feature. It will be added to the wish list at http://www.prestosoft.com/fvc_suggestions.asp
psguru
PrestoSoft
amin

Post by amin »

No. You can, however, use a non-recursive Find Checkouts. This will allow you to see checkouts only in one folder. Another approach is to use a recursive Find for lower lever folders.
Doesn't non-recursive Find Checkouts/Find By Status operate on a single folder only? If so then it won't be of help as I have over 30 sub-folders in the root of my FtpVC project (it is a Website project). Only one of them is an external dependency which does not have to be source-managed (tinymce HTML editor). Using non-recursive approach I would need to run Find Checkouts/Find By Status 29 times!

I did not understand the second suggestion:
Another approach is to use a recursive Find for lower lever folders.
How would that work for the scenario given above?

Regards
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

How would that work for the scenario given above?
It won't if you have all folders that you want to scan under the root directory.
psguru
PrestoSoft