FtpVC 2.6 frequent builds

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
amin

FtpVC 2.6 frequent builds

Post by amin »

Hi,

I just noticed that there is a Sep 2 build of FtpVC 2.6 available. During the past a few weeks I noticed that various builds have been posted on the download page. Do we have to upgrade whenever you post a new build? What is being fixed in each build? There is no manifest. Would appreciate a bit of disclosure as we may end up chasing bugs that you are fixing quietly and frequently.

Thanks
psguru
Site Admin

Re: FtpVC 2.6 frequent builds

Post by psguru »

Do we have to upgrade whenever you post a new build?
If you using version 2.6, you are advised to download the latest build of it.
What is being fixed in each build? There is no manifest. Would appreciate a bit of disclosure as we may end up chasing bugs that you are fixing quietly and frequently.
We only document changes that affect the end user. In many cases changes are small tweaks and minor fixes that only alter the internal structure of FtpVC.
psguru
PrestoSoft
amin

Post by amin »

Sorry for my skepticism but I take this to mean that the release is not stable yet. Can you please provide instructions as how I can downgrade to the 2.5 version? Should I delete all the stubs 2.6 created and 2.5 will automatically regenerate stubs? Will I lose any history?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

You can certainly downgrade to 2.5 this way (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35#p85). However, the labeling bug you reported in another thread is not new in 2.6; it existed in 2.5a. The bug has been fixed in build 2.6.1.0.
psguru
PrestoSoft