Minor bug in Find Checkouts /S tatus

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
phuguet

Minor bug in Find Checkouts /S tatus

Post by phuguet »

Hi,

If I am inside a subdirectory in FTPVC and I select "Find Check Out..." then, in the dialog box I modify the textbox to point to the root directory instead of the subdirectory.

FTPVC sends me back to the root directory but does not do the search for the checked out files.

Same behavior with "Find by status".

Thanks!
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Thanks for reporting this. We are actually planning to make Find Checkouts and Find By Status view filters instead of commands. Refresh commands will respect the filters. The idea is to have the following options for both the menu and the toolbar:

- Checkout Filter
All files (radio items)
Checked Out
Checked Out by Me
-------------------
Recursive (check item)

- Status Filter
All files (check items)
Current
Modified
Out-of-Date
Missing
Unknown
Local-Only
Not in Project
-------------------
Recursive (check item)

Changing these will simply change the view of the current directory without refreshing files from the server.
psguru
PrestoSoft
phuguet

Post by phuguet »

Why don't you make those views appear as special forlders in the tree view (a little like Outlook and the search folders)
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I think view filters would work better in the FtpVC GUI. Additional folders may be confusing, plus they would have to be synchronized somehow with the server file list.
psguru
PrestoSoft