Mailing list function doesn't send email

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Madcowz

Mailing list function doesn't send email

Post by Madcowz »

We are running FTPVC version 2.5 and despite setting up the smtp sever details and successfully sending a test email, can not get mails sent to the mailing list when checking in files.

I have double checked all settings and our exchange server is not even showing the email in the logs.

There are also no details in the application log.

How can I troubleshoot this?

thanks.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Mailing list function doesn't send email

Post by psguru »

Are you sending Check-In notifications to a mailing list? Do you have the list set up with e-mail(s) other than yours?
psguru
PrestoSoft
Madcowz

Post by Madcowz »

Hi,

Yes, I am testing the send to mailing list function with check in and check out.

I have created several mailing lists. One had my work email. Another had my personal email and the third had an Exchange distro group and a few individual emails.

None of these worked.

I know that the FTP server can relay through the Exchange server as a) the test email works and b) I have a couple of Perl scripts running that use mail_send.

thanks.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I'll send you enhanced tracing instructions via a private message. Please follow them and the the log to me.
psguru
PrestoSoft