ftp connect 12029 error

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
DW101146

ftp connect 12029 error

Post by DW101146 »

Hello
I download your "Free Trial" 2.5a FtpVC Software. I followed the prompt and put in the required into. However it cannot connect to my FTP server, it comes back with a 12029 error code. I then opened a window "Command window" and the ftp connections works fine with the same userid and pass. any ideas?
Dan
psguru
Site Admin

Re: ftp connect 12029 error

Post by psguru »

This error (ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT) typically means a network issue, such as a firewall blocking FtpVC from accessing the Internet. One possibility is a software firewall, such as ZoneAlarm or Microsoft Defender, that blocks programs from accessing the Internet.

Note that FtpVC uses WinInet services of Windows, also used by Internet Explorer (IE). In essence, all applications that use WinInet share IE settings, including proxy settings. So one way to test FtpVC connectivity is to try and connect to an FTP server in IE.
psguru
PrestoSoft
VikasRocks

Re: ftp connect 12029 error

Post by VikasRocks »

Did you checked for network related problems? I believe 12029 error appears due to problems belonging to your network configurations and settings. Here are the steps to do soo:

1. Click the Start button.
2. Type "identify and repair network problems"
3. Press ENTER.
4. The network diagnostic wizard will start, and conduct several memory tests.

For more solutions and support information, please refer this article: http://www.iecrashes.com/internet-explo ... 12029.html.