Confirmation dialog looses focus

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
AlexL
Expert Member

Confirmation dialog looses focus

Post by AlexL »

Hello.

When you compare two files, and both files get externally changed, EDP asks a user (and I indeed want it to ask) to confirm recomparing via confirmation dialog window, which gets focus when you switch to EDP after external editing the files.

1) The first problem is that it asks twice (which is annoying in case of long time consuming comparing process),

2) And the second problem is that confirmation dialog looses focus between these two questions.

The (2) causes such situation, when I press <Enter> (to answer the first question), then press <Enter> again (to answer the second question, which is equal to the first one), but my second <Enter> inserts line-feed into the file, which is displayed in the current panel (provided internal editing is allowed) - instead of sending <Enter> to the confirmation dialog. The latter stays intact, and waiting for my response.

Windows XP SP2.
EDP v3.4.2.0.

Thank you.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

The upcoming build (3.4.3) changes the way change notifications are presented. You will clearly see which side has changed, and answering "Yes" for one file will dismiss the second file's dialog (if it's shown).
psguru
PrestoSoft