Plugin question

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
cintaboo

Plugin question

Post by cintaboo »

I have downloaded a plugin:
MS Excel to CSV Conversion Name: XLS to CSV
Extensions: xls
Application: cmd /c c:\tools\catdoc\xls2csv.exe (your location will be different)
Arguments: $INPUTFILEPATH
catdoc (download catdoc-0.94.zip file or a later version) Converts an XSL file into comma-separated values format. This application currently only works with short (8.3) file paths.

I have it set up as posted and have made 2 comparison files, with obvious differences, when I compare them the program finds no differences.

Any solutions?

Thanks
Michael
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Hi Michael,

It turns out that the latest version of catdoc (0.94.2) has some errors in xls2csv.exe . Fortunately, we were able to find an older version (0.94) that works. You can download it here.
psguru
PrestoSoft
cintaboo

Post by cintaboo »

psguru wrote:Hi Michael,

It turns out that the latest version of catdoc (0.94.2) has some errors in xls2csv.exe . Fortunately, we were able to find an older version (0.94) that works. You can download it here.
I have downloaded and installed as you advised. It works on one kind of .xls file but another worksheet I have is probably a problem with it's formatting or something. This is a great tool!!

Thanks for the help