3.3beta: bare .exe (without installer) available?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Carsten

3.3beta: bare .exe (without installer) available?

Post by Carsten »

Hello!

Can I somewhere download the latest .exe file only please?

I'm asking because I use EDPro very frequently, and being able to switch only the exe files for testing new versions helps greatly in switching back and forth between the latest and the previous one (I currently use 3.2c) in the case of problems, without getting problems with the context menu in the Windows Explorer etc.

Then I could also try to upgrade EDPro on my Win98 system, where I still use a 3.0 version - the latest that I've been able to get working.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
Carsten
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Bare version of 3.3 Beta is currently not available. What you can do is install it in a different directory. In order to disable shell integration, simply uncheck the option under Options | Global | General -- in either 3.2c or 3.3. Even you had a bare executable of 3.3, it would still share Registry keys with 3.2c.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

psguru wrote:Bare version of 3.3 Beta is currently not available. What you can do is install it in a different directory. In order to disable shell integration, simply uncheck the option under Options | Global | General -- in either 3.2c or 3.3. Even you had a bare executable of 3.3, it would still share Registry keys with 3.2c.
Yes, I was aware of that.
Thanks anyway - I'll try. 8)