Possible Bug - or no feature to handle data condition

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
jrf53219

Possible Bug - or no feature to handle data condition

Post by jrf53219 »

I am evaluating ExamDiff Pro for my company, and have run into a compare data issue. It may be I don't understand how to set up ExamDiff.
I use two small text files, no unusal characters, Prior Day and Current Day. The results I get are unexpected, in that ExamDiff tells me that a PO Line number changed and the Part No for the PO Line changed, which is not possible.
When I compared the files in UltraEdit in Unix format, I can see that 2 lines for the same PO were deleted out (not in file 2) of file 1 (Prior Day) and one line for a different PO was added (not in file1) in file 2 (Current Day). It just so happens that the deleted PO numbers are greater than the added PO number.

I have checked the column formats, resorted both files, rearranged the data columns - all with the same results. I have screen snapshots if anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance
[/img][/list]
jrf53219
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Could you send me (via e-mail) both of your files along with your options exported to a file (via Options dialog | Export to File button), as well as the screen shots illustrating the problem?
psguru
PrestoSoft