ED Pro 3.3 beta, cannot permanently delete write-prot. files

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Carsten

ED Pro 3.3 beta, cannot permanently delete write-prot. files

Post by Carsten »

Hello,

using the latest ED Pro 3.3 beta, it seems that I cannot permanently delete write-protected files in the directory comparision panes:

When I select one or more files that are write-protected, right-click and choose "Delete Permanently SHIFT+Delete", I get an error message saying
Could not delete file ....: Zugriff wurde verweigert (Access denied). (Error 5).
(Rather than being asked for confirmation about deleting read-only files.)

Deleting the same files non-permanently (i.e. to the trash basket) works fine.

Another, maybe related issue is that the "Properties ALT+RETURN" entry in the right-click context menu disappears (grayed-out) as soon as multiple files are selected. As soon as multiple files from different directories are selected, even the "Explorer Menu" entry disappears, closing the last chance to edit the properties of the selected files.

Best regards,
Carsten
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

When I select one or more files that are write-protected, right-click and choose \"Delete Permanently SHIFT+Delete\", I get an error message
This is a bug, thanks for reporting it. The fix is in the latest build of 3.3 Beta.
Another, maybe related issue is that the "Properties ALT+RETURN" entry in the right-click context menu disappears (grayed-out) as soon as multiple files are selected. As soon as multiple files from different directories are selected, even the "Explorer Menu" entry disappears, closing the last chance to edit the properties of the selected files.
Both are by design. "Properties" dialog is only enabled for a single item. If items belong to different directories, "Explorer Menu" disappears from the context menu. Both have nothing to do with the bug that you reported.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

psguru wrote:This is a bug, thanks for reporting it. The fix is in the latest build of 3.3 Beta.
Great! Thanks!
:D

Carsten