Search and Replace option - Search dropdown menu

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
slindy

Search and Replace option - Search dropdown menu

Post by slindy »

I hope I've done due diligence but I may have overlooked something.

I'm testing/evaluating EDPro 3.3 beta. I have EDPro 3.1 at the office but not there now and don't know if it works in that version or not.

Two problems with Search/Replace Option under Search dropdown menu:

(1) I cannot figure out how to do a Search/Replace operation. Allow Edits in Exam Diff Pro is enabled, my regex worked fine ( \*\s\s\s finds *bbb where b=space), I want to change it to "ABCD". When dropdown Search menu, the "Replace" option is always greyed out (as is "Find Previous" option, for that matter!) It is truly non-selectable. Help! ??

(2) My attempts to map a keystroke to the Replace function under the Search menu (options/global/keyboard) appear to be successful - but do not "stick" (take, keep, whatever). Subsequent checks show that the assignment was not apparently made. Less important than (1) above, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks in advance for any/all help offered.
[/u]
Steve
slindy

Post by slindy »

Update: Search/Replace works great in version 3.1. Perhaps just a 3.3 issue?
Steve
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

(1) "Find Previous" is disabled if the last search used a regex. "Replace" is disabled if:
(a) Editing is not enabled (not your case obviously)
(b) A view filter is used
(c) Word-wrap mode is used

If none if these applies, please send me (via private message) 2 files you compared and you options exported to a file, along with the steps to reproduce this issue.

(2) I cannot reproduce this problem. What happens if you go back to the Options after you made a change and hit "OK"? Do you see your change?
psguru
PrestoSoft