Some files with diff. dates listed as Same, not Newer/Older

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
andyholtmacc

Some files with diff. dates listed as Same, not Newer/Older

Post by andyholtmacc »

Hi all, in EDP 3.3, I am comparing two subdirs, where each has the same filelist, the file sizes are the same, but the file dates are different. EDP should be marking them all as 'Newer'/'Older', but for the first two, it sasy 'Same'.

See here for the HTML diff report, which matches exactly what I see in EDP's window.

Is this a bug?
Last edited by andyholtmacc on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Yes, it is a bug in 3.3. See the last reply in

http://www.prestosoft.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=

The fix is days away now.
psguru
PrestoSoft
andyholtmacc

Post by andyholtmacc »

psguru wrote:Yes, it is a bug in 3.3. See the last reply in

http://www.prestosoft.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=

The fix is days away now.
Hello, I'm not entirely sure how that problem is relevant to mine, since I am telling EDP to not look at the files at all, just compare based on the Dirctory info. Here are my options: edp1.gif

Anyway, if you say it is the same problem, that's fine. I'll look out for the next beta.

cheers
Last edited by andyholtmacc on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

You are right, it's a different "problem". What happened in your case is that your have "Consider files with same CRC identical" option enabled. As a result, your top 2 pairs are IDENTICAL by their CRCs, and they are marked as such. The last files are different, and their are marked as NEWER and OLDER.

Perhaps a better way would be, for identical files, to change the color of their Time column to NEWER/OLDER colors, as it's done for DIFFERENT files when "Perform full file comparison" option is on.
psguru
PrestoSoft