Reroute Error Message to stderr

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Mike

Reroute Error Message to stderr

Post by Mike »

Hi there,

we want to use EDP in an automated test process cycle including automated comparison. Up to now this works fine as long as no error message pops up, in which case the process is stopped and the system waits for aknowledgment, interrupting the process.

Is there any possibility to reroute all error messages to stderr, so that following processes are not haltet and upcoming errors can be reviewed later?

I hope I did not overlook the answer to my question somewhere on the website or in the forum here, but anyway.

Best regards
Mike
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

No, such feature currently does not exist.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Mike

Post by Mike »

Well at least I know, why I didn't find it then.

Thanks for the quick reply

Mike
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

What was the error that caused the interruption in your case?
psguru
PrestoSoft
Mike

Post by Mike »

Depends, the last error I experienced was a unknown template for the HTML result file - caused by a simple typo.

The problem is the automated enviroment in which we want to use EDP. We use our tools to initialize a test enviroment, run the test, save the results and compare those results with generated data.

To be able to reuse our compare scripts we parameterize them, and therefore due to complex scripting process can never be sure of a correct programm call, especially if the actuall test failed and no result data files exist.

Mike
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I'm going to add the following feature request to the wish list at http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_suggestions:

"Ability to reroute messages to stderr"
psguru
PrestoSoft