Copy Hexcode

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
cmal

Copy Hexcode

Post by cmal »

hi
I'm new with this software, so, maybe I'm missing something...
But:
- it seems that the search allows only for 16 characters/bytes...
- it is also not possible to copy/paste the hexcode; I can copy e.g. in the first window some bytes but when I switch to the second and open the search it is only possible to paste the ANSI into the search field... the same happens when I paste into a 3rd party application...

is it intended to be like this?
Thanks
MSpagni
Expert Member

Re: Copy Hexcode

Post by MSpagni »

Welcome onboard.
You're in good company: http://www.prestoforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 86945ac484 :D
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

- it seems that the search allows only for 16 characters/bytes...
I can't reproduce this. A screenshot/more details please?
- it is also not possible to copy/paste the hexcode; I can copy e.g. in the first window some bytes but when I switch to the second and open the search it is only possible to paste the ANSI into the search field... the same happens when I paste into a 3rd party application...
Yes, this is correct. There is a wish at https://www.prestosoft.com/edp_suggestions.asp, we may be able to add this in the next version
psguru
PrestoSoft
cmal

Post by cmal »

if I mark a range of Hexcodes and open search then the search window, it is filled automatically with the marked data. But only the first 16 bytes:

you have to take my word for it: I marked several lines but only the first is in the search (until "FC"); and copy paste does not work...
a better screen shot is not possible because as soon as the window looses focus, the search window jumps to the beginning of the line; it is not possible to make it bigger;
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I misunderstood your question (you never mentioned that you initialized search from a selection). Yes, the initial string is limited to 16 bytes, but you can still type in the search box, and that is not limited. Now, the limit is set to avoid memory issues when a very large selection is set prior to using Find. We can make the limit larger (like 1024) but there will be some number there.
psguru
PrestoSoft
cmal

Post by cmal »

ok. of course there must be a limit. but 16 is to small;
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

We'll make it 1024, and the value will be store in the Registry, not hardcoded.
psguru
PrestoSoft