a few v13 bugs?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
differ

a few v13 bugs?

Post by differ »

Hi.

I recently upgraded to EDP 13 (v13.0.1.10 on Win10) and think I found a few bugs.

1) In directory listings, when any line item is clicked the first column of the line mysteriously indents, making it appear offset relative to other lines.

2) Options >> Display >> "show line modification marks" cannot be disabled via saved options file.

3) Options >> Text Comparison >> Advanced >> "perform fuzzy line matching only if both files are smaller than (Kbytes)" incorrectly interprets numbers with commas, which the UI inserts automatically when using the increase/decrease arrows.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jim
psguru
Site Admin

Re: a few v13 bugs?

Post by psguru »

Thank you for reporting this. I can confirm the 1 and 2, they will be fixed in the next build. As for the 3, how exactly is it reproducible? The default is 512, and using the up/down arrows simply makes it 513/511, at least for me.
psguru
PrestoSoft
differ

Post by differ »

RE 3 - keep pressing up arrow, after "999" comes "1,000" which is interpreted as "1" (I think).
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Thank you. This and other spin controls will be fixed as well. The fix will remove thousands separators between every three decimal digits.
psguru
PrestoSoft
differ

Post by differ »

I installed the latest build (v13.0.1.14) and I am pleased to report that all issues have been resolved. Thank you for the quick response!