Compare Next Matched?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Eddict

Compare Next Matched?

Post by Eddict »

I can't find this option;

After comparing directories, I can compare two files by choosing 'compare matched'. what I'd like to do/see is an option so I can compare the next 'compare matched' file(s).

so if a directory contains eg. 10 files I want the possibilty to 'matched-compare' all of these files (eg. buttons previous/next) with their counterparts in the file-compare-window.

is this (already) possible?

regard, Eddict
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

No, no such feature exists. EDPro treats every file comparison launched from a directory comparison as a separate process that has no knowledge of where it came from.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Eddict

Post by Eddict »

ok, is it possible to put it on a wish-list/feature request?

very often I compare directories who are almost the same, but I want to view all different files quickly by comparing them.
what I do now is, select the first file, rightclick 'Compare matched', after viewing and analyzing it I close the (filecompare) screen, come back in the previous (dircompare) screen, arrowkey down to select next files and rightclick again.
it would be great if that can be done easier...

regards, Eddict
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I'll add the following suggestion to the wish list:

Upon launching matched file comparison from directory comparison, navigate through matched file pairs using Next and Previous commands
psguru
PrestoSoft
Eddict

Post by Eddict »

check, thnx!