<LF>-s are dropped on copy

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
AlexL
Expert Member

<LF>-s are dropped on copy

Post by AlexL »

Hello.

When I press <Ctrl>C on a selected fragment during panel editing of Unix text file (that does not contain <CR>-s), the fragment is copied into clipboard without linefeeds. EDP v3.5.0.6-Beta.

Thank you.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

This is by design: you get an exact copy of your text fragment, including linebreaks. If you didn't have LFs in the file, you are not going to get them in the clipboard.
psguru
PrestoSoft
AlexL
Expert Member

Post by AlexL »

psguru wrote:This is by design: you get an exact copy of your text fragment, including linebreaks. If you didn't have LFs in the file, you are not going to get them in the clipboard.
You did not understand me. I have <LF>-s, but I don't have <CR>-s. In this case <LF>-s are not copied into clipboard.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

No, I can't reproduce this. I tested a Unix file, and the text is copied with LFs only (try it with a binary editor, such as frhed).
psguru
PrestoSoft
AlexL
Expert Member

Post by AlexL »

psguru wrote:No, I can't reproduce this. I tested a Unix file, and the text is copied with LFs only (try it with a binary editor, such as frhed).
1) You are right. Though I tried it with several editors, they had the same problem.
2) Is there any workaround? Let's say I want to paste into our simple notepad. I see several lines in EDP before copying (as it should be), but one long line in notepad after pasting (I'd like to see also several lines as in original text).
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

No, there's no workaround. It's not really a problem; this is how editors should work IMO: preserve the linebreaks.
psguru
PrestoSoft